- This event has passed.
Milberger’s TOP TOMATO CONTEST
June 4 @ 11:30 am - 12:00 pm
Bring your finest homegrown tomatoes and/or a bowl filled with your best garden vegetables to Milbergers before noon and the fruits of your garden may be selected a winner in one of five categories:
Cherry and Smaller Tomatoes
Biggest Tomato (based on weight)
Best of Show Grand Champion
Every entrant will receive a $10 gift certificate redeemable at Milberger’s on the day of the contest only.
Download the following entry form and bring it with you on the day of the contest.
All decisions of the judges, including eligibility at the time of entering, are final.
Criteria for Tomatoes
Stems (calyx) should be left on, approximately ½ inch in length, green and fresh. Cherry tomatoes can still be on the vine. All tomatoes should be uniform in size, color, shape and maturity. Color of maturity and ripeness depends on variety, from green to rope red. Tomato variety must be specified on the entry form that will be filled out when you arrive at Milberger’s.
Basket of Plenty
Bring a bowl filled with YOUR BEST VEGETABLES picked fresh from your garden, but don’t include tomatoes. The best display of non-tomato veggies will win a $50 Milberger Gift Certificate.
Criteria for salad bowls: Stems (calyx) should be left on, approximately ½ inch in length, green & fresh.
Basic rules of Tomato & Salad Bowl Contests
- Entries will be accepted between 9:30am – 11:30am on 6/4/22
- Judging begins at 12pm and winners will be announced when judging ends
- No more than one tomato entry per division, per family
- Tomato and Salad Bowl vegetable entries must be home grown on plants maintained by contestant. Commercial growers are not eligible.
- Contest is open to Texas residents of all ages
- Entries not collected by the contestants by 2pm will become the property of GVST