Every April is National Garden Month! What does that mean exactly? Well, it’s a time for you to celebrate gardening. You can improve the look of your lawn with a beautiful garden, involve the community and garden in groups, or teach your children how to garden. The possibilities are up to you and there’s plenty of benefits to gardening. We’ve compiled a list of things to do this month to celebrate National Garden Month.
- Visit a farmer’s market.
- Buy compost and mulch in bulk quantities with neighbors or friends.
- Visit your neighbor and compliment their garden.
- Collect pollution off the streets.
- Start a gardening club.
- Make your garden bird-friendly.
- Grow a multicultural garden.
- Garden at your workplace or purchase an indoor plant for your office.
- Plant flowers in dedication of someone you know.
- Plant something you’ve never planted before.
- Educate yourself and others on water saving.
- Clean your gardening tools.
- Photograph your plants.
- Take a gardening class.
- Have breakfast outside by your garden.
What are you most excited about doing? Let us know in the comments how you celebrate National Garden Month!