Stage 2 restrictions begin when the 10-day rolling average of the Edwards Aquifer level reaches 650 feet mean sea level at the monitored well. Coming out of drought stages can be considered 15 days after the aquifer is above the trigger.
• All restrictions from Stage 1 remain in effect unless added to or replaced by Stage 2 rules.
• Landscape watering with an irrigation system, sprinkler or soaker hose is allowed only once a week from 7-11 a.m. and 7-11 p.m. on your designated watering day, as determined by your address.
• Watering with drip irrigation or 5-gallon bucket is permitted any day, but only between 7-11 a.m. and 7-11 p.m.
• All residential fountains and indoor commercial fountains can operate at any stage of drought.
• Outdoor commercial fountains must have a SAWS variance in order to operate during drought stages 1 through 4.
• Watering with a hand-held hose is allowed any time on any day.
• All non-public swimming pools must have a minimum of 25 percent of the surface area covered with evaporation screens when not in use. Inflatable pool toys or floating decorations may be used for this purpose.
• Washing impervious cover such as parking lots, driveways, streets or sidewalks is prohibited. Health and safety exceptions to this rule may be requested from SAWS here.
• Residential car washing allowed during drought once per week on Saturday or Sunday as long as there is no water waste.
• The use of SAWS-certified commercial car wash facilities is allowed any day.
• Operators of golf courses, athletic fields, and parks must submit a conservation plan to SAWS. For requirements, contact SAWS at 210-704-SAVE. Golf courses, athletic fields, and parks may not irrigate between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m.
• Hotels, motels, and other lodgings must offer and clearly notify guests of a “linen/towel change on request only” program.
And don’t forget to follow these year-round rules:
• Water waste is prohibited at all times. This includes lawn watering overspray and runoff.
• Restaurants may serve water only on request (to reduce dishwashing).
• Charity car washes allowed only at commercial car wash facilities.
Watering with an irrigation system or sprinkler is allowed only once a week from 7-11 a.m. and 7-11 p.m. on your designated watering day as determined by the last number of your street address.
Last Digit of Address Watering Day
0 or 1 Monday
2 or 3 Tuesday
4 or 5 Wednesday
6 or 7 Thursday
8 or 9 Friday
No watering on weekends
Areas without a street address, such as medians and neighborhood entryways, water on Wednesday.