- This event has passed.
Garden Conservancy Open Days Tour in San Antonio
October 14, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$36.00
Six outstanding private gardens in San Antonio will be featured on the Garden Conservancy Open Days tour to be held October 14th from 9am to 4pm. The tour showcases a range of garden styles that work well in our San Antonio climate and look great throughout the year.
“Through Open Days, the Garden Conservancy is working to fuel the public’s passion for gardens and gardening,” according to the organization’s website. “Since 1995, Open Days has welcomed more than one million visitors into thousands of inspired private landscapes – from urban rooftops to organic farms, historic estates to innovative suburban lots – in forty-one states. This incredible annual program is produced almost entirely by volunteers.”
Gardens were selected for design and features with minimal lawn, placing focus on native and adapted plants. Among the garden styles scheduled to be on tour are:
• a contemporary gravel garden in NW San Antonio designated as a SAWS Watersaver landscape that is lush and inviting,
• another SAWS Watersaver Landscape on a suburban lot with oak trees in Deerfield,
• a colorful artistic garden in historic Monte Vista,
• a large European style garden in Hill Country Village,
• a small native plant cottage garden and,
• an eclectic new garden in Terrell Hills, reflective of San Antonio and the owners’ travels.
Members of SAWS Rewards Program will receive points for visiting the two designated Watersaver gardens.
Tickets will be available at each garden on tour day and are $36 for a day pass to all six gardens or $7 for single garden tickets.
For more information:
Gardening Volunteers of South Texas: https://gardeningvolunteers.org/yard-tours/
Garden Conservancy Open Days Program: www.gardenconservancy.org/open-days/open-days-schedule/san-antonio-tx-open-day